Monday 29 March 2010

Printmaking brain

Things have got interesting around here, with the old man's health getting complicated. And now the old man's "old man" has been skidded into hospital in a dramatic state. One hundred and fifty miles away and undeniably elderly. The phone has been red hot.

And I've realised I've got a printmaking course to attend next week; and my brain is somewhere else. Hmmmmh! Get your act together girl. Am I rusty with the printmaking? Yes I am.

I was lino and wood "cutting" like a steam train this time last year. I opened up my "studio" during Cornwall Open Studios week. I took the advice of one visitor about a gallery to approach.They took some work. But - I'll be blunt about it - no sales yet. And as I said - the old man's health got complicated. And my printmaking engine ran out of steam.

Now - it's time to get that brain in training; get those ideas running again; get those knives and rollers out. Get stuck in.

No comments: