Saturday 31 July 2010

A Cup of Tea and a Good Book

So I'm going to tell you about a place that I really like to go to for lunch - and a book.

Way out west. In weather-swept St. Just. There is a great little cafe whose upstairs, and some of its downstairs too, is devoted to second hand books.

The place is called The Cook Book (Yeah - some of the second-hand books available are indeed cookbooks).

It's open everyday. Great for soup. Breakfasts. Salads and sandwiches - and loads of cakes.
Just go there and browse the books, read the papers, drink the coffee.

I like it there so much that I had my last birthday lunch there. And over several visits I've got myself ... art books, poetry books, cookery books ... Christmas cards.... and calendars ... and... a really pleasant time.

No comments: