Monday 10 September 2012

Pasta, Pasta, Everywhere

So thinnest setting is a problem. Everything is getting a little tricky to handle. The Old Man hovers anxiously... his fingers dying to clamp on MY machine....

Cos next... I have to try the cutting contraption. What does this fine one do? Ya... it do make intricate squidgy mess it do.

Am starting to scream and make a fuss because I am my mother's daughter. Soon I will have to, like her, resort to weeping in the kitchen with a glass of sherry....

The Old Man hushes me aside and attempts to clear out the cutter with a pastry brush. Remember. One must not wash the pasta machine....

I recover and we agree to stop the rolling process at one before the thinnest setting. More manageable. And I do go for the other cutter what be more like tagliatelle. Better.... but it's all getting stretched and tangled and Yah.... I cut the sheets in half. Hurrah. We get pasta.

I stagger into the kitchen to make the sauce and cook the noodles. The Old Man remains to mop up all surfaces and apply the pastry brush to the machine again.....

No comments: