Thursday 8 March 2012

If I Were in London... I'd be Going to The Tate..

... to see the Yayoi Kusama exhibition.

This Grand Lady of Japanese Art , or you could argue Outsider Art, is now 82. Dots is her thing. And she have done the whole New York Art scene... and Happenings and stuff. Now she do voluntarily live in a psychiatric institution... cos she have always battled with some fragile boundaries.

Yes I know Damien Hirst does the dot thing too....

As you may have noticed in a post about being at Art College in the 60s-70s... I did favour painting Op Art... Somewhere at that time I must have seen work by artist Jeremy Moon... who sadly died in an accident in 1973. I think he did spots.... but now I can't find any images for that so maybe I's wrong there. I just can see paintings of spots... who's were they?

Anyway ... Yayoi Kusama...
I've never seen a real live piece of hers, I have to content myself with looking in a book. Which is why I do say... If I were in London I would.....

No comments: